Ever wanted to write a blog? But you’re just not sure where to start?
Although there are certain procedures and principles, the great thing about a blog is that it is really an expression of yourself. This means a certain freedom, leaving it up to you to explore different avenues and present content or images in a style of your very own.
So, just in case you need a little push start…here are 14 top tips from Freedom Studios to get you started:
- Give yourself a time limit to complete it – say 1 to 2 hours
- Just do it. Don’t wait for the perfect moment or the perfect inspiration
- Check spelling
- Write about a topic you like and one that can help others
- Decide on your tone
- If it’s really hard for you to start…think of it as a conversation with a friend.
- Just write…you can edit afterwards.
- Use a catchy title
- Don’t judge – remove your critical inner voice. It’s the first step that counts!
- Use Bullet points for lists
- Consider getting a professional design for your blog. Either way, make sure it looks accessible with an attractive, simple design
- Include images
- PRACTISE. PRACTISE. PRACTISE
- Most importantly – Have fun! Life’s too short to do it any other way : )
There it is. It’s easier than you think. And all it takes is a little time, keeping your pen going on the paper or your fingers on the keyboard. Go for it and good luck!
We’d love to hear from you, so share your comments below.